Château Carbonnieux is one of the oldest in Bordeaux. We have to go back to 1234 to find traces of Ramon Carbonnieux, who would have left his name to this estate, founded in the 13th century by the Benedictines of the Abbey of Sainte-Croix. After belonging from 1519 to 1730 to the bourgeois Ferron family, it once again became the property of Benedictine monks until the French Revolution, when it was sold to the Bouchereau family, who settled there for almost a century. Then it passed into the hands of different families, before Marc Perrin bought it in 1956, after its first classification as a Graves grand cru in 1953, confirmed in 1959: Château Carbonnieux was then distinguished both for its red wines and its white wines. There are only six Graves classified growths, within the Pessac-Léognan appellation, to be in this case.