The history of BROWN goes back almost a thousand years, since we find traces of vines dating from the 12th century. Château Brown owes its name to a wealthy Scottish wine merchant, John Lewis Brown, established in Bordeaux shortly after the revolution, in 1795. There has been a strong link between the Bordeaux region and the Anglo-Saxons since the takeover in 2004 by Jean Christophe MAU, 5th generation of a family of Bordeaux merchants and elected winemaker of the year by the Hachette Wine Guide 2017. The vineyard is beginning a restructuring to produce precise, generous and consistent wines. A one-hectare apple orchard existed on the property for several decades, until the mid-1990s.